Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Guest Bedroom: Before

Since I am in full blown nesting mode I have been on a mission to complete all of the projects around the house that I've been putting off.  Before I could get started on the nursery I needed to get the guest bedroom under control.  After sleeping in the guest bedroom one night when my husband was sick I realized how much it, well... sucked.  The sheets were like paper, the lighting was terrible, and the broken headboard banged against the wall every time I moved.  My apologies to any guests we've had in the past 3 years!

An Olive Lane Exculsive!  Never before seen photos of the guest bedroom...


OK, it would probably look a tiny bit better if I had made the bed for this pic...


I don't think I'm the only one that has a neglected room like this in their house.  It's kind of like the junk drawer of rooms.  Whatever doesn't have a home- goes here!  I wanted to clean up the guest room and make it inviting but I also didn't have a huge budget for this room.  

On the list of things to do was:
  • Paint
  • Headboard
  • Nightstands
  • Lamps
  • Sheets/Bedding
  • Window Treatments
I wanted the room to feel really bright and fresh and clean.  I started pinning like a mad woman and these were my top inspiration photos.


bedside table  - idea for nightstands...remove doors and paint.  use door for something else.  oops, have to throw away all of those magazines stashed in there

Queen Guest Bedroom Reveal | Life On Virginia Street  Love the color combo of the pillows.

hanging curtains behind headboard wall in bedroom
Lonny Magazine

Please check back tomorrow for my big guest bedroom reveal!




2 comments:

  1. Hi Kelly! I wish I could take credit for that photo but it actually came from Lonny, I believe :) Looking forward to your reveal and glad to have found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops! Thanks for letting me know Emily! Appreciate you checking out the blog :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! If you have a question leave me a comment and I'll be sure to answer or e-mail me at olivelaneinteriors@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...