Wednesday, December 26, 2012

New Year's Resolutions

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!  We had a few days off to spend with family and friends and Friday we are headed off to Key West, FL to celebrate New Years!  Normally I don't make New Years resolutions but this year I will be making a home resolution!  There are a few areas in my house I have been talking about changing and updating but just haven't gotten around to it so I am posting it here in hopes that I will stick to my resolution!


The Living Room




Our Living Room/Dining Room is the first room you enter when you walk into our house.  Above the settee I'd like to do a gallery wall with family photos and artwork.


The Dining Room
This is one long room and is directly connected to the living room.  This room is in desperate need of a tall hutch.  I'm hoping to do some thrift store shopping to find one I can paint myself!

The Family Room
This picture may look familiar from my Holiday House Tour here.  I hate the metal medallion above the couch.  It's from our old house and we only put it up to get something on the walls.  It's too small and looks odd right smack in the middle there.  I'd like to do 3 large framed vintage travel posters.  I've already found a few at art.com so stay tuned for that one!

Master Bathroom



When you look at the photos you're probably thinking- what's so wrong with this room?   The layout of the bathroom is terrible- constantly bumping into each other with the sink directly at the door.  And the tub- which has been used maybe once is taking up the majority of the space.  All of the finishes are builder-grade and just so-so.  I'd love to get rid of the tub and replace it with a double sink vanity.




Interested in working together on your own "home resolutions"?  E-mail me at olivelaneinteriors@gmail.com  I'd love to work with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! If you have a question leave me a comment and I'll be sure to answer or e-mail me at olivelaneinteriors@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...