Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Organizing the Nursery

Thank you all so much for all of your positive feedback on my nursery reveal last week!  I had so much fun decorating and can't wait to personalize it when this baby decides to arrive.  Currently I am two days past my due date so think positive thoughts for me that he or she doesn't wait too much longer!

If you are pregnant with your first or thinking about starting a family soon you will find that baby's come with a lot of stuff.  Like- more stuff than you can imagine.  And maybe I'll find I won't need half of it but it's always good to be prepared.  After my baby shower we set out to start organizing all of our great new gifts.


The dresser we have, Pottery Barn Emery, is also doubling as our changing table.  In one of the top two drawers we  are storing baby accessories- so this meant pacifiers, hats, socks, and mittens.


In the other drawers directly under the changing pad we have all of the diapers, wipes and creams.



The middle two drawers are onesies and sleepers organized by size.  We rolled the onesies to save on space- not sure we'll have time to do that in the future but it sure does make for a pretty picture!  And last set of drawers stores our swaddle blankets, bibs, burp cloths and stroller blankets.


I used the Ikea Skubb Box, set of 6 organizers and they are a lifesaver!  They keep everything everything neatly organized, come in great sizes and they're super cheap.

In the closet we repurposed the Ikea Kallax shelving unit I previously had in my office and laid it on it's side to utilize all of the storage space at the bottom of the closet.


Baby R has lots of books so we used the top two shelves for storing those and the bottom I used striped fabric bins from Target to store other blankets and baby supplies. 

1 comment:

  1. I love the nursery, you did such a great job! I voted for your room, good luck! Best wishes with your delivery, I can't wait for the news of your new arrival! Enjoy this special time :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! If you have a question leave me a comment and I'll be sure to answer or e-mail me at olivelaneinteriors@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...